Thursday, December 30, 2010

Pulse (2001)

Full disclosure: I saw the (2005?) American remake with Kristin Bell way before I saw this movie. I actually enjoyed the remake, unlike literally everyone else who saw it, so I came into this with a little bit of skepticism. If I liked the movie everyone hated, then i should hate the movie everyone liked.
I was completely wrong.  This movie blew me away. Its every bit as compelling and nervewracking and terrifying as any other horror masterwork and has the strong, solidly stated yet still stylistic political statement underlying it that really proves the wheat from the chaff. This movie is one of those golden films I mentioned in the Dark Remains post. This movie is great. It is absolutely nothing like the remake in anyway. Even like thematic elements dont carry over at all. Don't watch the remake.

No comments:

Post a Comment